In the online edition of TurboTax Free for tax year 2015 or 2016, how do I submit my tax return to CRA using the NETFILE service?
Once you complete the Personal Info, Your Taxes and Review sections, the File section will be become enabled.
- Select the File step
- Choose I want to submit my return to CRA's NETFILE service.
- If you have a tax balance due, respond to the questions on when and how you intend to pay it.
- You'll be asked to register for CRA's Online Mail.
- Review and acknowledge CRA's NETFILE terms and conditions.
- In the Verification of Personal Information screen, select Yes, I certify.
TurboTax then submits your return to the CRA for you. You will receive a notification on whether or not your submission was successful. If it was successful, you'll see a 6-digit confirmation code (keep this in your records).