How do I find my NETFILE confirmation number?
When you've successfully filed your return using the CRA’s NETFILE service, TurboTax will display a confirmation number to indicate that your return was filed and received by CRA. You can see this confirmation number in TurboTax any time after you file.
Important: Your TurboTax payment transaction number (e.g. TXXXXXXX) is NOT your NETFILE confirmation number.
To see your confirmation number in online editions of TurboTax:
- If you're not already signed in to TurboTax, sign in to your online TurboTax account and select the Continue button beside your return to open it.
- From the navigation menu on the left, select File and then choose CRA Online Mail. Note: The menu is up top in TurboTax for tax year 2017 and 2016.
- On the CRA Online Mail step, ignore the question and select Continue.
- On the Filing your returns step, locate your NETFILE confirmation number.
The return(s) you’ve filed will be listed with:
- a green checkmark
- your NETFILE confirmation number
- the date the return(s) was filed
If you don't see a NETFILE confirmation number (i.e. the Filing your return(s) step doesn't look like the example above), you haven’t filed your return through NETFILE. In this case, see our FAQ: How do I submit my tax return to CRA using the NETFILE service?
- If you’re in Forms view, select EasyStep at the top of your screen.
- Once in EasyStep, on the left-side menu, select File and then select Electronic Filing (NETFILE).
The return(s) you’ve filed will be listed with a green checkmark, the confirmation number, and the date they were filed. If you haven't filed yet, your return (and that of your spouse, if applicable) will be listed, but without a checkmark, date, or confirmation number.
- In the CD/download edition of TurboTax, how do I submit my tax return to CRA using the NETFILE service?
- In the online edition of TurboTax, how do I submit my tax return to CRA using the NETFILE service?
- How do I find my NetFile Québec Confirmation Code?
- How do I know if my return was filed using NETFILE and received by the CRA?
- How do I know if my return was filed using NetFile Québec and received by RQ?
- How can I check on the status of my tax return?
- What should I do if I receive an email from the CRA saying they didn’t receive my NETFILE submission?