TurboTax FAQ
TurboTax FAQ
121 people found this useful

How do I find my NETFILE confirmation number?

If you successfully filed your return using the CRA’s NETFILE service, TurboTax will display a confirmation number to indicate that your return was successfully filed and received by CRA. You can view this confirmation number in TurboTax any time after you file.

Important: Your TurboTax payment transaction number (e.g. TXXXXXXX) is NOT your NETFILE confirmation number.

To view your confirmation number:

In online editions of TurboTax

1. Sign in to your online TurboTax account.
  2. Select the Continue button beside your return.
  3. From the navigation menu across the top of your screen, select File and then choose CRA Online Mail.
  4. On the CRA Online Mail step, ignore the question and select Continue.
  5. On the Filing your returns step, locate your NETFILE confirmation number.

The return(s) you’ve filed will be listed with:

• a green checkmark
  • your NETFILE confirmation number
  • the date the return(s) was filed

If you don't see a NETFILE confirmation number (i.e. your Filing your return(s) step doesn't look like the example above), you haven’t filed your return through NETFILE. In this case, follow the on-screen prompts to file your return (How do I submit my tax return to CRA using the NETFILE service?).

If you're using the CD/download version of TurboTax

1. If you’re in Forms view, select EasyStep at the top of your screen.
  2. Once in EasyStep, on the left-side menu, select File and then select Electronic Filing (NETFILE).

The return(s) you’ve filed will be listed with a green checkmark, the confirmation number, and the date they were filed. If you haven't filed yet,  your return (and that of your spouse, if applicable) will be listed, but without a checkmark, date, or confirmation number.

Related information

INF31266