Open TurboTax

Why sign in to the Community?

• Submit a question
  • Check your notifications
or and start working on your taxes
Close icon
Do you have a TurboTax Online account?

We'll help you get started or pick up where you left off.

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

I had my tuition payed by a sponsorship, do i still call the "Eligible tuition fees" in turbo tax?

I had my tuition paid by a sponsorship directly to my school. Do i claim the "Eligible Tuition Fees" form ? or do I leave it blank?

1 Best answer

Accepted Solutions

I had my tuition payed by a sponsorship, do i still call the "Eligible tuition fees" in turbo tax?

If the monies weren't paid to you, but right to the school, then you are not able to claim tuition credits.  However, if the tuition receipt indicates that you were a full time student for at least 13 weeks, and you are not a single parent, you will have to indicate that you are not eligible for the Working Income Tax Benefit.

View solution in original post

1 Reply

If the monies weren't paid to you, but right to the school, then you are not able to claim tuition credits.  However, if the tuition receipt indicates that you were a full time student for at least 13 weeks, and you are not a single parent, you will have to indicate that you are not eligible for the Working Income Tax Benefit.