Open TurboTax

Why sign in to the Community?

• Submit a question
  • Check your notifications
or and start working on your taxes
Close icon
Do you have a TurboTax Online account?

We'll help you get started or pick up where you left off.

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Knitter

Just wondering I filled out my tax info but would like to start all over again. Can you start all over again or do you have use the one I filled out already?

If I go in and change info such as first I put a pension under foreign income since it is from Germany,  but it should have been under T4A other pensions how do I delete the foreign income line that has no amounts in it now?  Also is there a way of attaching a note explaining the other pension is from Germany it is paid in Canadian dollars but we do not receive any slips?

1 Best answer

Accepted Solutions

Just wondering I filled out my tax info but would like to start all over again. Can you start all over again or do you have use the one I filled out already?

Provided you have not already filed, you can start a new tax file.
You cannot file twice in the same year.

If you have already filed, I suggest visit a tax professional to adjust any errors.

Foreign pensions should be reported under foreign income, regardless of which currency they are received in. If pre-converted to CAD, report currency rate as 1.0000
Only report income in a T4A page if you have explicitly received a T4A slip.

There is no requirement to explain or notify to CRA that slips are not generally available for foreign pensions. If CRA wants to verify amounts, they will ask you for evidence. You could use payment amounts into your bank account, or any documentation received.

View solution in original post

4 Replies

Provided you have not already filed, you can start a new tax file.
You cannot file twice in the same year.

If you have already filed, I suggest visit a tax professional to adjust any errors.

Foreign pensions should be reported under foreign income, regardless of which currency they are received in. If pre-converted to CAD, report currency rate as 1.0000
Only report income in a T4A page if you have explicitly received a T4A slip.

There is no requirement to explain or notify to CRA that slips are not generally available for foreign pensions. If CRA wants to verify amounts, they will ask you for evidence. You could use payment amounts into your bank account, or any documentation received.
Knitter

Thank you.  When I finally searched Foreign Pension in Help, I found out how to report the foreign pension properly.  A Foreign Slip needs to be filled in and Turbo Tax transfers that amount to other pensions and superannuation (line 115 on a paper return).
Julien2020
Returning Member

Filled out forgein pension choice number 2 country for British pension. But did not see amount on return after submitting it to cr

Thank you for choosing TurboTax. If the foreign slip is completed correctly with the country, the exchange rate entered on the day you received your pension, and the actual amount in foreign currency this amount should be reflected on Line 11500 of your tax return.