Open TurboTax

Why sign in to the Community?

• Submit a question
  • Check your notifications
or and start working on your taxes
Close icon
Do you have a TurboTax Online account?

We'll help you get started or pick up where you left off.

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
alvinyt

Do I need to submit GST/HST application form separately? Im filing for the first time and for the tax year 2012. I have to mail it and cant do it electronically.

I answered "Yes" to the question "Are you applying for the GST/HST or the Ontario Sales Tax (OST) credit?". But when I am done filing and print the pdfs, TurboTax only gives me the T1 forms. It does not give or fill me the form to apply for the GST/HST (rc151-fill-12-16e.pdf from CRA website). For 2014 onward we dont need to apply, but for 2014 and earlier, we need to apply for it.

Since TurboTax doesnt give me the pdf to apply, should I download and fill in manually or the government would determine by them self?

1 Best answer

Accepted Solutions
taxnano

Do I need to submit GST/HST application form separately? Im filing for the first time and for the tax year 2012. I have to mail it and cant do it electronically.

All you need is to answer yes as you indicated. No separate form.

View solution in original post

2 Replies
taxnano

All you need is to answer yes as you indicated. No separate form.

alvinyt

thank you 🙂