Open TurboTax

Why sign in to the Community?

• Submit a question
  • Check your notifications
or and start working on your taxes
Close icon
Do you have a TurboTax Online account?

We'll help you get started or pick up where you left off.

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Junior8

How many years can i make file t1 adjustment

i did not realize that the t4a from co-op refund is not a taxable income and I did include them on my tax returns many years. how many years can I go back to make adjustments and since my income amount affect both of our earnings do I have to make adjustment for my spouse as well. can I do it online with cra more than 1 year. thanks, kristine.

1 Best answer

Accepted Solutions

10 years is the general rule. So if you're making the adjustments this year (2017), you can amend any/all returns from 2007 onward.

The entire process of adjusting multiple years can be done via your CRA My Account portal. If you are planning on adjusting more than one year, have all your info ready. Choose the option for "more changes" rather than logging in and out to do previous years separately. If you perform all of the adjustments in one sitting, you're less likely to face delays in processing.

View solution in original post

1 Reply

10 years is the general rule. So if you're making the adjustments this year (2017), you can amend any/all returns from 2007 onward.

The entire process of adjusting multiple years can be done via your CRA My Account portal. If you are planning on adjusting more than one year, have all your info ready. Choose the option for "more changes" rather than logging in and out to do previous years separately. If you perform all of the adjustments in one sitting, you're less likely to face delays in processing.