Open TurboTax

Why sign in to the Community?

• Submit a question
  • Check your notifications
or and start working on your taxes
Close icon
Do you have a TurboTax Online account?

We'll help you get started or pick up where you left off.

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

In November 2017, was re-assessed by CRA after using TurboTax 2016. Would Intuit receive a copy of the re-assessment to update my file?

I thought I had included all return materials but CRA dinged me about $100 on a $300 income based on an advance of my pension.  I thought that pension income (I forgot about this small advance early in 2016) would be taxed differently.  But after the adjustments by debiting the credits in the calculations, it came to about a 30% tax hit!  That was a surprise!  Does Intuit need a copy of the UPDATED STATUS from CRA?  OR how do I update the information that will be the new benchmark for 2017 taxes and deductions now?

1 Best answer

Accepted Solutions

In November 2017, was re-assessed by CRA after using TurboTax 2016. Would Intuit receive a copy of the re-assessment to update my file?

Intuit would not receive a copy of your Notice of Assessment or Reassessment from the Canada Revenue Agency.  You do not need to submit this to Intuit either.  You can simply keep it for your records and use any necessary information to file your 2017 income tax return.

View solution in original post

1 Reply

Intuit would not receive a copy of your Notice of Assessment or Reassessment from the Canada Revenue Agency.  You do not need to submit this to Intuit either.  You can simply keep it for your records and use any necessary information to file your 2017 income tax return.