Open TurboTax

Why sign in to the Community?

• Submit a question
  • Check your notifications
or and start working on your taxes
Close icon
Do you have a TurboTax Online account?

We'll help you get started or pick up where you left off.

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

I recieved an email from no-reply@turbotax-email.ca for 20% off TurboTax Standard.

The email address is slightly different to what is posted on the msg board.  It advertises 20% off.  The fact that it is different concerns me and makes me think it could be a scam.

1 Best answer

Accepted Solutions

I recieved an email from no-reply@turbotax-email.ca for 20% off TurboTax Standard.

Not to worry. This is not a scam. Marketing and promotional emails from TurboTax come from the following address: TurboTax Canada <no-reply@turbotax-email.ca>

If you'd like to redeem the offer but prefer not to do so through the email, please give us a call: https://turbotax.community.intuit.ca/replies/3152013

View solution in original post

10 Replies

Not to worry. This is not a scam. Marketing and promotional emails from TurboTax come from the following address: TurboTax Canada <no-reply@turbotax-email.ca>

If you'd like to redeem the offer but prefer not to do so through the email, please give us a call: https://turbotax.community.intuit.ca/replies/3152013

One point I’d like to make: Intuit.ca should be using a code for a discount or coupon when advertising through email.  The customer then would log into the intuit website being 100% sure they have NOT been diverted to fraudulent website, input the code to receive the sale/discount.  There is always a concern when a website opens from an email, it could be a scam site trying to obtain personal information.  It’s a common scam.

Intuit, please, use a more secure type of discounting system.  It’s simple and easy.

Thank you for you feedback.

I just received a message from this same email address, suggesting I switch to TurboTax Online.

There was only one link from intuit.ca (or any turbotax or intuit domain), and that was to report suspicious or phishing attempts  to [email address removed], and all other links were numbered tracking links typical of phishing emails that attempt to get you to confirm your email address as valid (worth more when they sell them). 

So I reported this to [email address removed] with the following:

Please indicate whether the email I received from turbotax-email.ca with several numbered tracking links is actually from Intuit / TurboTax (or is likely a phishing domain registered by a third party).

I have blacklisted the domain, since it is neither an intuit nor turbotax domain.  If this is in fact one of your own domains, please don't do this again. Create a subdomain under one of the known domains instead.  In this day and age of computer security, phishing and spoofing, this would be a really stupid thing for the real company to do.

If this is in fact a phishing domain collecting email address confirmations, then my apologies for my complaints, and no action is needed since I have already blacklisted the domain.

The one thing you can be completely certain of is that many of your smarter customers would not ever click on any links in such an email. So if this is a legit marketing email, it has completely failed for some percentage of your customers.  And identified Intuit as a company that handles your financial operations, and yet is a company that does not demonstrate an understanding of Computer Security 101.  This specific email tells me to never use your *online* tax software, always buy the offline+efile version (or find another vendor).

And that email reply was rejected with "[email address removed]" being an invalid recipient address.  More evidence that this email is from an invalid source!   Furthermore, turbotax-email.com is available for registration. Someone purchased the .ca but not the .com?

This is so appallingly horrible security experience that I have no words. @TurboTaxTara how certain are you that this domain is actually used by Intuit?  To be honest, if this is a valid email that makes Intuit look worse to me.  Especially given that it suggests legitimacy questions go to [email address removed] and yet that email is not valid.

Hi Paul30,

Please refer to the link below for more specific directives on your concerns. This will provide you with the answers to your questions.

At TurboTax, our customers are always our first priority in everything we do. 

taxrahman

Hi 

I use forms to do my taxes, in this years version in the demographic information section when a person first opens up a tax return, under the drop down menu for marital status the option for single is missing.The problem is that you can not override the field and type in single

Can you please open up a service ticket to have the issue resolved and have an update sent out ASAP

Thanks

lyndaloi

trying to reach someone. did the online contact form, it said 0 minutes wait time to call so i called then it was greater than 1 hour wait - more than a little annoyed. Very poor service. I've been a 20 year customer.  Not able to directly email a support person is extremely frustrating

@lyndaloi

We do not have an option to exchange emails between our support teams, but if you are a social user (FaceBook, Messenger, or Twitter) you can get live help in real-time through our social media platforms. 

Recent email offer from intuit turbotax does not open - how can i get a valid code to purchase a desktop version for tax year 2023?

2024-01-01_22-49-28.jpg