Open TurboTax

Why sign in to the Community?

• Submit a question
  • Check your notifications
or and start working on your taxes
Close icon
Do you have a TurboTax Online account?

We'll help you get started or pick up where you left off.

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
js13

Error in 2017 version of Turbotax Online. The RL1 Box E does not appear for out of province residents that have a RL1. Can someone fix this?

7 Replies

Error in 2017 version of Turbotax Online. The RL1 Box E does not appear for out of province residents that have a RL1. Can someone fix this?

Here's what you need to do in TurboTax Free for tax year 2017:

1. From the navigation menu across the top of your screen, select Income and then T-Slips.
  2. On the Income Slips step, check T4 - Employment income, if it's not already checked.
  3. Check I worked in Quebec and received a Relevé 1.
  4. Then, select Continue to navigate to the T4 - Summary step.
  5. On the T4 - Summary step, select Edit on the slip you have an RL-1 for.
  6. On the T4 slip, scroll down until you locate Box E and enter your amount.

There is no checkbox to check for the releve 1. Did all your steps and I cant see it on 2019 version. Am I blind? 

@jessyearch,

To enter your Releve 1 when you do not reside in Quebec, in the Free version of TurboTax Online, from the sidebar, go to;

• Income
  • T-Slips
  • T-Slip Summary
  • Check the box - I worked in Quebec and received a Relevé 1 slip

Continue to the T4 Summary page and choose to "Add T4". Enter your T4 choosing QC as your Province of Employment. Box E of the Releve 1 is entered near the bottom of this screen. 

rpalm92

THANK YOU

Devh

So helpful! Was looking for hours how to fix this

The equivalent to an RL-1 is a T4a. Ran into this problem today. 

Tax203

What do I put into the box 10, ON or QC