Open TurboTax

Why sign in to the Community?

• Submit a question
  • Check your notifications
or and start working on your taxes
Close icon
Do you have a TurboTax Online account?

We'll help you get started or pick up where you left off.

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
beatines

Where do I put in foreign old pension (no slip available)?

1 Best answer

Accepted Solutions

Click on FIND icon in the blue bar-  at the top of your return -  enter Foreign income - click on foreign income in blue -Hit GO -  the page will open for you to enter your Foreign income.   Find  "Other Pension Income" -  Enter your amount.  If you are entering in Canadian dollars do not enter an exchange rate.  If you are entering it in foreign income amounts be sure to enter an exchange rate so the program will calculate into Canadian dollars.   This information is for a fully taxable foreign pension.  If you are reporting US Social Security Benefits you can see there is a section specifically Named - US Social Security Benefits (either  - receiving before 1996 OR your pension started After 1995).

View solution in original post

1 Reply

Click on FIND icon in the blue bar-  at the top of your return -  enter Foreign income - click on foreign income in blue -Hit GO -  the page will open for you to enter your Foreign income.   Find  "Other Pension Income" -  Enter your amount.  If you are entering in Canadian dollars do not enter an exchange rate.  If you are entering it in foreign income amounts be sure to enter an exchange rate so the program will calculate into Canadian dollars.   This information is for a fully taxable foreign pension.  If you are reporting US Social Security Benefits you can see there is a section specifically Named - US Social Security Benefits (either  - receiving before 1996 OR your pension started After 1995).