Open TurboTax

Why sign in to the Community?

• Submit a question
  • Check your notifications
or and start working on your taxes
Close icon
Do you have a TurboTax Online account?

We'll help you get started or pick up where you left off.

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
gpiercy78

The universal child care benefit rc62 slip does not exist anymore. do i claim it?

5 Replies

The universal child care benefit rc62 slip does not exist anymore. do i claim it?

The new Canada Child Benefit is tax-free which means there's no slip and no need to enter it on your return. The RC62 section in the 2017 version is only for people who received the UCCB late or had to repay certain amounts.

Not sure if my last comment got posted as I was asked for identity confirmation. I don't think the TurboTax program recognizes the CCB as tax free. I could not NetFile UNTIL I entered the CCB, which made for an almost $1,300 less in the refund. Something is not right here!

On a further note, I'm hoping the CRA catches this error and adjusts the assessment accordingly. But TurboTax may need a few "tweaks" for this situation.

There is no requirement to add your CCB payments. If you selected that you have UCCB income, those amounts are required but there is no spot on the return to add CCB income whatsoever.

You are correct Jennifer, that's exactly what I did. It was my misunderstanding of the terms UCCB and CCB. ( I thought they were one and the same. ) Thank you for your help, much appreciated.