Open TurboTax

Why sign in to the Community?

• Submit a question
  • Check your notifications
or and start working on your taxes
Close icon
Do you have a TurboTax Online account?

We'll help you get started or pick up where you left off.

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
ndunaf

I am about to fill out my self employed income information. I am unsure of how to answer the question of whether i made a 'Year-End Adjustment' Hoping for some clarity

1 Best answer

Accepted Solutions

I am about to fill out my self employed income information. I am unsure of how to answer the question of whether i made a 'Year-End Adjustment' Hoping for some clarity

You would only need to make a year-end adjustment if your business uses a non-calendar year end. Most Self-employed people use January 01 to December 31 as their business year. But some people use a different 12 month period ex: April 1 2017 - March 31 2018. In that case, they would have to make a Year-End Adjustment.

View solution in original post

1 Reply

You would only need to make a year-end adjustment if your business uses a non-calendar year end. Most Self-employed people use January 01 to December 31 as their business year. But some people use a different 12 month period ex: April 1 2017 - March 31 2018. In that case, they would have to make a Year-End Adjustment.