Open TurboTax

Why sign in to the Community?

• Submit a question
  • Check your notifications
or and start working on your taxes
Close icon
Do you have a TurboTax Online account?

We'll help you get started or pick up where you left off.

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
deb06

The individual did NOT reside within Nisga'a Lands but is a citizen of the Nisga'a Nation. The program does not accept if I say NO then YES so how do I answer this?

My question is pertaining to Nisga'a Lands on the Intuit Turbo Tax 2017 program

1 Best answer

Accepted Solutions

The individual did NOT reside within Nisga'a Lands but is a citizen of the Nisga'a Nation. The program does not accept if I say NO then YES so how do I answer this?

The Government of Canada and the Nisga’a Lisims Government have a personal income tax administration agreement. As part of that agreement, all individuals, including non-Nisga’a citizens, who reside on Nisga’a Lands are required to identify themselves by ticking “Yes” in the “Residency information for tax administration agreements” box on page 1 of the British Columbia income tax and benefit return. Individuals, including Nisga’a citizens, who don’t live on Nisga’a lands should tick “No”. The Canada Revenue Agency will use this information to administer the personal income tax administration agreement with the Nisga’a Lisims Government.

https://www.canada.ca/en/revenue-agency/services/forms-publications/tax-packages-years/archived-gene...

View solution in original post

1 Reply

The Government of Canada and the Nisga’a Lisims Government have a personal income tax administration agreement. As part of that agreement, all individuals, including non-Nisga’a citizens, who reside on Nisga’a Lands are required to identify themselves by ticking “Yes” in the “Residency information for tax administration agreements” box on page 1 of the British Columbia income tax and benefit return. Individuals, including Nisga’a citizens, who don’t live on Nisga’a lands should tick “No”. The Canada Revenue Agency will use this information to administer the personal income tax administration agreement with the Nisga’a Lisims Government.

https://www.canada.ca/en/revenue-agency/services/forms-publications/tax-packages-years/archived-gene...