Open TurboTax

Why sign in to the Community?

• Submit a question
  • Check your notifications
or and start working on your taxes
Close icon
Do you have a TurboTax Online account?

We'll help you get started or pick up where you left off.

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
heidip

Want to add HBP of $565 to income (no rrsp). Entered 565-sentence under says "Enter the amount you wish to designate as a HBP rypmt". When enter $565 i get an error-why?

1 Best answer

Accepted Solutions

Want to add HBP of $565 to income (no rrsp). Entered 565-sentence under says "Enter the amount you wish to designate as a HBP rypmt". When enter $565 i get an error-why?

If you have no RRSPs to designate, leave that question empty. TurboTax will automatically calculate the line 129 (RRSP income) amount based on the information provided (zero RRSP contributions entered but an HBP payment due).

You can check the line 129 entry on the Detailed Tax Summary (Review tab - Bottomline Summary).

View solution in original post

2 Replies

If you have no RRSPs to designate, leave that question empty. TurboTax will automatically calculate the line 129 (RRSP income) amount based on the information provided (zero RRSP contributions entered but an HBP payment due).

You can check the line 129 entry on the Detailed Tax Summary (Review tab - Bottomline Summary).

heidip

Thanks for confirming.