Open TurboTax

Why sign in to the Community?

• Submit a question
  • Check your notifications
or and start working on your taxes
Close icon
Do you have a TurboTax Online account?

We'll help you get started or pick up where you left off.

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Anonymous
Not applicable

Do I include HST in Total Revenue on T2125 if I've completed my remittance? Or do I exclude any HST collected for both Total Revenue, and the HST collected box?

I've seen other postings, but they have conflicting answers. Some say to include the HST amount, and then write it in the next box as well; others not to include in revenue, and report in the next box; and others to not include HST amounts in anything if you've already remitted HST and claimed ITCs. I need clarification, as this affects balance greatly.
1 Best answer

Accepted Solutions

Do I include HST in Total Revenue on T2125 if I've completed my remittance? Or do I exclude any HST collected for both Total Revenue, and the HST collected box?

If you submit a GST/HST return, you can include it or not in the total revenue. If you include it, it gets removed at the next line. If you do not include it, that line is blank. (Basically so you do not get taxed on HST collected)

When entering  your expenses, do NOT include HST.

View solution in original post

2 Replies

If you submit a GST/HST return, you can include it or not in the total revenue. If you include it, it gets removed at the next line. If you do not include it, that line is blank. (Basically so you do not get taxed on HST collected)

When entering  your expenses, do NOT include HST.

uberant
Returning Member

So, Im assuming the best way is to not include it in gross revenue (3A) but enter the gst/hst separately in the box just below (3B) as long as you are remitting an gst/hst return. Yes?