Open TurboTax

Why sign in to the Community?

• Submit a question
  • Check your notifications
or and start working on your taxes
Close icon
Do you have a TurboTax Online account?

We'll help you get started or pick up where you left off.

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

My online account uses an old email address that I can no longer access. How do I login to my account if I can't receive an email?

My account uses an email address that is no longer current and can't be accessed. How do I recover my Canadian TurboTax Online account if the only option available to that account when I sign on is to have a code emailed to me? I don't want to have to start over with another account.

7 Replies

My online account uses an old email address that I can no longer access. How do I login to my account if I can't receive an email?

Your account has nothing to do with your email. The old address is just an account ID.

I use an o,d workplace ID myself, too lazy to change it!

I have the same problem. It tells me it sending me an email, but what email is it using, the one that I nolonger have access to? I also don't want to start a new account.

My online email address I can no longer access. How can I sign back in without creating a new account

Please use the form on this TurboTax FAQ to update your email address: Account Recovery Request

TURBO TAX please understand that if a client who has an account already, has had to change BOTH their email address and phone number, there is NO WAY to access the old Turbo Tax account. The ONLY option is to create a new account with the new email and phone number period. That then means no way to access older online accounts if needed to continue with that old account. It is a flaw that perhaps could be corrected if Turbo Tax can do it?

I have the same problem changed home phone number and email address so I HAD to create a completely new account so none of previous completed income tax records will follow me. Not a great situation to be in as I don't think this scenario was looked at and an alternative solution created to help clients get back to a continuous record.
Best to just create a new account and that's it.

@luisraven2023 As I said in my post above, you can use the Account Recovery Request form to get back your account. When it asks "Reason for request" you can select "I need to update my phone and email".