Open TurboTax

Why sign in to the Community?

• Submit a question
  • Check your notifications
or and start working on your taxes
Close icon
Do you have a TurboTax Online account?

We'll help you get started or pick up where you left off.

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
jsoltys85

I had unused RRSP carry forward from previous years and did not contribute to RRSP for 2017. I'm finding out I can't pay back HBP with previous contributions, now what?

Software is not letting me proceed and I'm wondering what the impact is with CRA in this situation?

1 Best answer

Accepted Solutions

I had unused RRSP carry forward from previous years and did not contribute to RRSP for 2017. I'm finding out I can't pay back HBP with previous contributions, now what?

I just went through the program. You can use the carry forward amount to pay the HBP repayment.

Make sure the unused RRSP contributions are showing correctly. 

Enter the amounts to be repaid on the HBP screen.

View solution in original post

2 Replies

I just went through the program. You can use the carry forward amount to pay the HBP repayment.

Make sure the unused RRSP contributions are showing correctly. 

Enter the amounts to be repaid on the HBP screen.

jsoltys85

Thanks for confirming that, I ended up ignoring the error and it all worked out after.  I was really worried there for a second I was going to get penalized for something.