Open TurboTax

Why sign in to the Community?

• Submit a question
  • Check your notifications
or and start working on your taxes
Close icon
Do you have a TurboTax Online account?

We'll help you get started or pick up where you left off.

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
missres

Can I use Auto-fill more than once without having data duplicated or otherwise having problems?

The first Auto-fill I did was incomplete - some T slips were missing. I'd like to get those missing slips but don't want those that have already downloaded into my TurboTax files to be duplicated or otherwise corrupted. Can I simply do another Auto-fill without this happening?

1 Best answer

Accepted Solutions

Can I use Auto-fill more than once without having data duplicated or otherwise having problems?

Each time you use Auto-Fill My Return, TurboTax will download everything available. TurboTax will summarize what's available to import into your return and you can choose to import it in or not, slip by slip. In other words, you can't pick and choose boxes, but you can pick and choose which slips to import.

That being said, TurboTax won't duplicate the slips you've already downloaded and imported if you import again, so long as you didn't significantly change the amounts of the slips you already imported. TurboTax will recognize that you already imported those slips.

View solution in original post

1 Reply

Each time you use Auto-Fill My Return, TurboTax will download everything available. TurboTax will summarize what's available to import into your return and you can choose to import it in or not, slip by slip. In other words, you can't pick and choose boxes, but you can pick and choose which slips to import.

That being said, TurboTax won't duplicate the slips you've already downloaded and imported if you import again, so long as you didn't significantly change the amounts of the slips you already imported. TurboTax will recognize that you already imported those slips.