Open TurboTax

Why sign in to the Community?

• Submit a question
  • Check your notifications
or and start working on your taxes
Close icon
Do you have a TurboTax Online account?

We'll help you get started or pick up where you left off.

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Hi I have a T4 slip and also a freelance income for 2017 of under $5,000. What form do I use? Thnx :)

I'm a writer who submits stories and gets paid sometimes. My income for these stories is in both USD and CAD currency.

1 Best answer

Accepted Solutions

Hi I have a T4 slip and also a freelance income for 2017 of under $5,000. What form do I use? Thnx :)

You would enter in your T4 and for your freelance income you would fill out a T2125 for self employment income for tax purposes and when you claim your USD income you need to convert it to CDN first.

T2125 is found under the Income Tab - Self-Employment and you start from there. Ensure the "Identification" part of the form is filled out correctly as it may prevent you from Netfiling.

View solution in original post

1 Reply

You would enter in your T4 and for your freelance income you would fill out a T2125 for self employment income for tax purposes and when you claim your USD income you need to convert it to CDN first.

T2125 is found under the Income Tab - Self-Employment and you start from there. Ensure the "Identification" part of the form is filled out correctly as it may prevent you from Netfiling.