Open TurboTax

Why sign in to the Community?

• Submit a question
  • Check your notifications
or and start working on your taxes
Close icon
Do you have a TurboTax Online account?

We'll help you get started or pick up where you left off.

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
vitovilma

Can i file my return for FREE since my family income is less than $25,000.00?

1 Best answer

Accepted Solutions

You can file for Free, but you would have to use TurboTax Free Online. If you use another version, or add paid features to your return like +PLUS or Live Assist & Review, you will have to pay. The price is not based on income, it’s based on what level service you choose.

If you have already started your return in a different product, but you would like to use TurboTax Online FREE, you would need to create a new return and choose FREE.

To create a new return in TurboTax Online 2017, click on “Tools” in the black menu in the top right, and select “Return Manager”. You can create a new return by scrolling to the bottom of the list and clicking "Continue" next to "Start a new 2017 return". Then once you have started your new return, you can go back into the Return Manager and click the small Trash Can next to the unwanted return to delete it.

To create a new return in TurboTax Online 2018, click on “My Account & Returns” at the top of the left side menu, then select “Start A New Return”. Then once you have started your new return, click on “My Account & Returns” again and click the small Trash Can next to the unwanted return to delete it.

View solution in original post

2 Replies

You can file for Free, but you would have to use TurboTax Free Online. If you use another version, or add paid features to your return like +PLUS or Live Assist & Review, you will have to pay. The price is not based on income, it’s based on what level service you choose.

If you have already started your return in a different product, but you would like to use TurboTax Online FREE, you would need to create a new return and choose FREE.

To create a new return in TurboTax Online 2017, click on “Tools” in the black menu in the top right, and select “Return Manager”. You can create a new return by scrolling to the bottom of the list and clicking "Continue" next to "Start a new 2017 return". Then once you have started your new return, you can go back into the Return Manager and click the small Trash Can next to the unwanted return to delete it.

To create a new return in TurboTax Online 2018, click on “My Account & Returns” at the top of the left side menu, then select “Start A New Return”. Then once you have started your new return, click on “My Account & Returns” again and click the small Trash Can next to the unwanted return to delete it.

vitovilma

Thank you Ms.Susan for the thorough explanation very much appreciated