Open TurboTax

Why sign in to the Community?

• Submit a question
  • Check your notifications
or and start working on your taxes
Close icon
Do you have a TurboTax Online account?

We'll help you get started or pick up where you left off.

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
vantershe
Returning Member

Where do i claim tax paid for buying a used car? i am self employed and would like to use it as an expense.

1 Best answer

Accepted Solutions

Where do i claim tax paid for buying a used car? i am self employed and would like to use it as an expense.

You can still claim it  because you are using it for self employment purposes and this is how:

How do I claim CCA on a new/used vehicle?

View solution in original post

3 Replies

Did you purchase it for the purpose of the business or for personal use?
vantershe
Returning Member

i bought it for personal i guess. I'm self employed and not registered as a company. i keep track of my kilometers for work and report other car expenses proportionally.i know if i was registered i would claim it on my gst/qst return. seems ashame to not be able to use it somewhere. thx.

You can still claim it  because you are using it for self employment purposes and this is how:

How do I claim CCA on a new/used vehicle?