Open TurboTax

Why sign in to the Community?

• Submit a question
  • Check your notifications
or and start working on your taxes
Close icon
Do you have a TurboTax Online account?

We'll help you get started or pick up where you left off.

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

While using "TurboTax Standard 2017", how do I spilt income from T5008 between myself and my spouse? Your Software does not have % option for this like T3 and T5.

1 Best answer

Accepted Solutions

While using "TurboTax Standard 2017", how do I spilt income from T5008 between myself and my spouse? Your Software does not have % option for this like T3 and T5.

You're correct. Our online editions provide a method to enter a percentage of ownership but our CD/download editions do not.

You'll have to manually calculate your percentage of each amount and enter it yourself if you're using the CD/download edition.

View solution in original post

3 Replies

You're correct. Our online editions provide a method to enter a percentage of ownership but our CD/download editions do not.

You'll have to manually calculate your percentage of each amount and enter it yourself if you're using the CD/download edition.

So, Do I have to delete it as auto filled and then enter it once in my and once in my spouse's slips with % modified amounts? Please confirm. I want to be sure that I have to delete the one auto filled. An alternative could be that I edit (not delete) the auto filed one for % corrected figures. and then enter a new one for my spouse's slips.

You don't have to delete the slip that was auto-filled, you can just modify the amounts if you'd prefer.