Open TurboTax

Why sign in to the Community?

• Submit a question
  • Check your notifications
or and start working on your taxes
Close icon
Do you have a TurboTax Online account?

We'll help you get started or pick up where you left off.

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
kenh2

TT Std 2017 froze after Netfiling. Now it does not show that I Netfiled. I have the confirmation email, can I make the program show the correct status?

After Netfiling my return the software asked to login to Express NOA. In the browser window that opened, I logged on to the CRA website and confirmed my SIN. After a fairly long wait, the CRA site told me that it was complete and to close the browser window. Upon returning to Turbo Tax Standard 2017, I found that the program was unresponsive. I left it untouched for half an hour in case it was taking a long time to transfer information from the CRA, but finally quit the program.

Upon restarting Turbo Tax and reloading my joint return, it now doesn't show that I filed my return. I did receive an email with a confirmation number, but the program doesn't have this information.

What can I do to make the program report the correct status?

5 Replies

TT Std 2017 froze after Netfiling. Now it does not show that I Netfiled. I have the confirmation email, can I make the program show the correct status?

Unfortunately, there's nothing that can be done to file to have it reflect the correct status. Not worry; you will be able to transfer this return into next year's return without issue.

fofito57

Hello, Same happened to me today. Turbo Tax 2019 Standard (Downloaded) froze after an unsuccessful Express NOA download from CRA page.  Turbo Tax kept waiting for the download. I have to close program and relaunch it but then the Netfile page on Turbo Tax won't show that I filed my return; it doesn't show the check mark as successful Netfile filing or the confirmation number. I got my confirmation # printed off so I know the filing was successful (I think). I was tented to Start my return and get Turbo Tax page updated but I was afraid to mess with my filling. Is this problem being corrected?

Thank you

TurboTaxHeba
Intuit Alumni

to confirm that your Netfile has been received by CRA follow the steps in this link;

https://turbotax.community.intuit.ca/community/tax-topics/help/how-do-i-know-if-my-return-was-filed-...

I hope this was successful

Hi Turbo Tax 2022 premium froze after an unsuccessful Express NOA download from CRA page.  Turbo Tax kept waiting for the download, and closed the program automatically . Post relaunch, Netfile page on Turbo Tax won't show that I filed my return; it doesn't show the check mark as successful Netfile filing or the confirmation number. I got my confirmation # printed off so I know the filing was successful .

My second return (with my wife ) is showing Review page and showing not filed  but I have the NOA printed from CRA.

Now all the three returns so far and not showing updated status on the Turbo Tax page though i have the saved copies and NOA.

This is very annoying as I am not sure if I will be able to import the data next year.

Any Solution??

As Tara said above, unfortunately, there's nothing that can be done to file to have it reflect the correct status. No worry; you will be able to transfer this return into next year's return without issue.