Open TurboTax

Why sign in to the Community?

• Submit a question
  • Check your notifications
or and start working on your taxes
Close icon
Do you have a TurboTax Online account?

We'll help you get started or pick up where you left off.

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
brucedagg

How do I enter charitable donations from previous years that have not been claimed?

1 Best answer

Accepted Solutions

How do I enter charitable donations from previous years that have not been claimed?

If you don't claim charitable donations in the current year, you can claim them for any of the next five years. If you have donations to carry forward, you must claim these before claiming donations made in the current year.

And here is how you do it. Deductions tab - Payment Profile - Donations Profile - Check -Unclaimed donation contributions carried forward from a previous tax return.

View solution in original post

1 Reply

If you don't claim charitable donations in the current year, you can claim them for any of the next five years. If you have donations to carry forward, you must claim these before claiming donations made in the current year.

And here is how you do it. Deductions tab - Payment Profile - Donations Profile - Check -Unclaimed donation contributions carried forward from a previous tax return.