Open TurboTax

Why sign in to the Community?

• Submit a question
  • Check your notifications
or and start working on your taxes
Close icon
Do you have a TurboTax Online account?

We'll help you get started or pick up where you left off.

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

I keep getting a 315 error saying I missed the provincial tuition section but I don't see where I can fill this out.

1 Best answer

Accepted Solutions

I keep getting a 315 error saying I missed the provincial tuition section but I don't see where I can fill this out.

If you live in Ontario or Saskatchewan, the provincial tuition credit is only available for part of the year. So there is two columns on the Tuition Fees page. The “Total for 2017” column should include your tuition fees for the full year, and is used for the Federal credit. The second column, Jan 1 – XXXX is for the tuition fees for the first part of the year, and is used for the provincial credit. You may be seeing this error because you didn’t enter anything in this box. Select “Tuition Fees” under the “Students” section in the “Deductions” tab to change the tuition amounts you have entered.

* This info is for 2017 only. For 2018, Ontario or Saskatchewan no longer have a provincial tuition credit.

View solution in original post

1 Reply

If you live in Ontario or Saskatchewan, the provincial tuition credit is only available for part of the year. So there is two columns on the Tuition Fees page. The “Total for 2017” column should include your tuition fees for the full year, and is used for the Federal credit. The second column, Jan 1 – XXXX is for the tuition fees for the first part of the year, and is used for the provincial credit. You may be seeing this error because you didn’t enter anything in this box. Select “Tuition Fees” under the “Students” section in the “Deductions” tab to change the tuition amounts you have entered.

* This info is for 2017 only. For 2018, Ontario or Saskatchewan no longer have a provincial tuition credit.