Open TurboTax

Why sign in to the Community?

• Submit a question
  • Check your notifications
or and start working on your taxes
Close icon
Do you have a TurboTax Online account?

We'll help you get started or pick up where you left off.

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
msyvet

I know I have made a mistake of my income tax but it has been netfiled why do I have to wait till I have received a NOC number to correct this?

I know that I have made a mistake on my income tax which has been netfiled why must I wait till I get a NOA  number before altering it? I only netfiled it 2 days ago.

1 Reply

I know I have made a mistake of my income tax but it has been netfiled why do I have to wait till I have received a NOC number to correct this?

CRA requires you to wait until you receive your Notice of Assessment before making any changes to it for a number of reasons. Often times you may have submitted/NetFiled your return and CRA catches the error or missing slip and corrects it for you before assessing the return. If they do make any changes or corrections to the return you filed, it will say in the Notice of Assessment you receive.

Once you receive that NOA, you can proceed with your T1 Adjustment if necessary.

https://www.canada.ca/en/revenue-agency/services/tax/individuals/topics/about-your-tax-return/change...