Open TurboTax

Why sign in to the Community?

• Submit a question
  • Check your notifications
or and start working on your taxes
Close icon
Do you have a TurboTax Online account?

We'll help you get started or pick up where you left off.

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
jmwhite9

Can I carry forward unused CRA disability tax credits? I was eligible for the credit up to the end of 2014 but never claimed it. How would I enter the amount?

I was collecting AISH in Alberta and did not claim the credit as my income from AISH was less than 20,000.00 annually. I now have additional income and claiming the credit would help reduce my taxes

1 Best answer

Accepted Solutions

Can I carry forward unused CRA disability tax credits? I was eligible for the credit up to the end of 2014 but never claimed it. How would I enter the amount?

The disability tax credit cannot be carried forward to use in future years.  If your disability tax credit expired in 2014, you would need to apply for a new one.

View solution in original post

2 Replies

The disability tax credit cannot be carried forward to use in future years.  If your disability tax credit expired in 2014, you would need to apply for a new one.

rick00111

What if his disability tax credit didn't expire would me be able to carry it forward