Open TurboTax

Why sign in to the Community?

• Submit a question
  • Check your notifications
or and start working on your taxes
Close icon
Do you have a TurboTax Online account?

We'll help you get started or pick up where you left off.

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cruzberg

I NETFILED combined return and got conf number. My return was assessed, but my wife's CRA My Account page says her return is still not received. How do I send hers in TT?

3 Replies

I NETFILED combined return and got conf number. My return was assessed, but my wife's CRA My Account page says her return is still not received. How do I send hers in TT?

When you do a coupled return- when you are in "FILE" you will see NETFILE and each of your names beside it- It is possible that you simply clicked on NETFILE beside your name- thinking it filed both. You will need to return and click on NETFILE beside your wife's name. You both will have a confirmation number.

pietervaneyk
Returning Member

I completed through the whole process in turbo tax for my wife' and mine tax returns and got the messages that both file were auto filed separately successfully. I got my refund but CRA did not receive receive my wife's

We are sorry to hear you are having this problem. Please review our TurboTax FAQ link below for guidance.

How do I know if my return was filed using NETFILE and received by the CRA?

If you have filed a coupled return, and your wife's return has not been filed, then open your tax return and click on the "File" tab, you will see your wife's return that needs to be filed and proceed from there to Netfile her return as indicated in our TurboTax FAQ link here: In the online edition of TurboTax, how do I submit my tax return to CRA using the NETFILE service?

Thank you for using TurboTax.