Open TurboTax

Why sign in to the Community?

• Submit a question
  • Check your notifications
or and start working on your taxes
Close icon
Do you have a TurboTax Online account?

We'll help you get started or pick up where you left off.

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
strawboss

Can you tell me the size of the update for TurboTax Incorporated for 2017/2018?

I purchased the CD version of TurboTax Incorporated for 2017/2018 because I have a limited data cap (10 Gb).  I will need to plan for the update so as not to risk running out of bandwidth before the end of the month.   Can you tell me the size of the update so I can plan for the download?  Alternatively, can you mail me the download?

1 Best answer

Accepted Solutions

Hello,

Depending on which version of the CD you have, meaning early release or later release will change the size of the update as the software may have a higher revision level depending on the CD.  That being said at most the software updates are 1.5 to 2 GB's which should be well under your 10 Gig cap.

View solution in original post

2 Replies

Hello,

Depending on which version of the CD you have, meaning early release or later release will change the size of the update as the software may have a higher revision level depending on the CD.  That being said at most the software updates are 1.5 to 2 GB's which should be well under your 10 Gig cap.

strawboss

Thanks.  That is quite sizeable but at least if I limit my data useage on other things I should be able to manage it.