Open TurboTax

Why sign in to the Community?

• Submit a question
  • Check your notifications
or and start working on your taxes
Close icon
Do you have a TurboTax Online account?

We'll help you get started or pick up where you left off.

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
justin14

I clicked "Edit" on a CCA item from a previous year to check the details, but TurboTax would not let me exit the page without changing the cost to something other than 0.

I wanted to check the details of a CCA entry from a previous year using TurboTax online, so I clicked the "Edit" button next to the entry.

The entry was from a previous year, so the listed cost for the CCA was 0.00 (since there was no actual cost being added for the current year).

I tried to exit the page, however I got a message saying that I had to enter a cost for the item before leaving the page. It would not let me save the information with 0.00 as the cost.

I then entered the original cost and it allowed me to continue, however it now appears that the cost was actually incurred during the current year rather than being carried over from the previous year, which is not correct.

Is there some way I can go back and change the number to 0.00 again without getting a message forcing me to change it to a number other than 0.00?
1 Reply

I clicked "Edit" on a CCA item from a previous year to check the details, but TurboTax would not let me exit the page without changing the cost to something other than 0.

At this point, the only thing you can do is return to the same page and click once again on "Edit" to see if it will allow you to enter 0. If not, contact our customer service for assistance.

https://turbotax.community.intuit.ca/replies/3152013