Open TurboTax

Why sign in to the Community?

• Submit a question
  • Check your notifications
or and start working on your taxes
Close icon
Do you have a TurboTax Online account?

We'll help you get started or pick up where you left off.

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How do I fill out a TD1 form for a 2nd part-time job?

For my first job, I already have the TD1 and TD1ON done. But for my second part-time job I just got, how do I fill out the TD1 and TD1ON forms? For the first page, should I put a 0 on the bottom line because I would've claimed the basic personal amount on the TD1/TD1ON with my first job? For the 2nd page, I don't know how to fill it out, particularly the two boxes "More than one employer or payer at the same time" and "Total income less than total claim amount". I already have the TD1 for my first job done (I didn't claim anything on it except the basic personal amount) and between both jobs, I will make about $9000, less than the basic personal amount. 

I was thinking, should the bottom line on the first page be 0 and check box the "more than one employer...." and leave the "total income less..." box blank because I already have the TD1/ON filled with my first job?

4 Replies

It's great that you're planning ahead! However, in your case, there's no reason to worry about the second job tax-wise. You are correct on how you've completed the second TD1 - the first page should be a zero, and the box for "more than one employer" should be checked.

In most cases, taxpayers who have a second job end up with a balance owing as both jobs factor the basic amount into the tax calculation. Since the combined total of both jobs won't be over the basic credit amount, that won't be an issue for you this year.

cleantime

Hello! 

What if the employee earns 30,000.00 at one job, and then an estimated amount of 9,000.00 at another job. How do we fill the TD1 forms then? Would a negative value make sense or is that out of the question? I'd prefer to have this taken are of for my employees instead of them owing money at the end of the year.

TurboTaxHeba
Intuit Alumni

It is always recommended if you have multiple employments, not to claim the personal amount on the TD1 forms.

unfortunately, you cannot put a negative amount on the first page. However, on the second page, you can ask to deduct more taxes from your income under the "Additional tax to be deducted" section. 

I hope this was helpful

AMZ1391

If I filled out TD1 and TD1ON for my Part-time job in 2021 (Started in July 2021) and didnt claim anything because of my  fulltime job at the time, but now have a new job starting this year (2022), do I still put 0 on section 13 and 10 [checking off the box on page 2 for both]? Or,  because I got hired for a new FT job in 2022 and didnt claim for the PT job in 2021, do I put the basic claim total from section 1 in the total sections?