Open TurboTax

Why sign in to the Community?

• Submit a question
  • Check your notifications
or and start working on your taxes
Close icon
Do you have a TurboTax Online account?

We'll help you get started or pick up where you left off.

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Trying to claim older child as a dependant for 2016. Error says I need to enter his UCCB income. Not sure what portion of UCCB in 2016 was for him. He was 10 that year.

1 Best answer

Accepted Solutions

Trying to claim older child as a dependant for 2016. Error says I need to enter his UCCB income. Not sure what portion of UCCB in 2016 was for him. He was 10 that year.

If you are claiming the eligible dependant credit for the child (aka you were a single parent), all of the UCCB income you received will be listed under their income. No need to separate the figures by child. If you received UCCB payments for three children for example, and are claiming the Eligible Dependant credit for one of them, you would enter the total amount of UCCB received in 2016 as income to that child.

Here's a link for more information: https://www.canada.ca/en/revenue-agency/services/tax/individuals/topics/about-your-tax-return/tax-re...

View solution in original post

1 Reply

If you are claiming the eligible dependant credit for the child (aka you were a single parent), all of the UCCB income you received will be listed under their income. No need to separate the figures by child. If you received UCCB payments for three children for example, and are claiming the Eligible Dependant credit for one of them, you would enter the total amount of UCCB received in 2016 as income to that child.

Here's a link for more information: https://www.canada.ca/en/revenue-agency/services/tax/individuals/topics/about-your-tax-return/tax-re...