Open TurboTax

Why sign in to the Community?

• Submit a question
  • Check your notifications
or and start working on your taxes
Close icon
Do you have a TurboTax Online account?

We'll help you get started or pick up where you left off.

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
hsantle

I need to ask questions about totals that were calculated from "other deductions". I have been reassessed and they have ignored this amount unless I can verify the amount

There is over $23 K added as other deductions and myself, as well as the CRA does NOT know where this is coming from. I need to verify this deduction as they have disallowed it , until I can explain it. I am not sure if it came from my pension splitting or not...the computer program generated this amount. If it did in fact come from the pension splitting, why is it considered a deduction? Please help.

1 Reply

I need to ask questions about totals that were calculated from "other deductions". I have been reassessed and they have ignored this amount unless I can verify the amount

Other deductions can include a few different lines. Some, such as OAS overpayments recovered, are included automatically from T Slip entries (Box 28 from RRSP and RRIF slips also transfer automatically).

Other non-slip deductions can be found on the "Other deductions" screen. To view the list, sign back into your TurboTax Online account. Then

1. In the upper-right corner of your screen, select Find.
  2. In the Find window, type Other Deductions.
  3. Select Other Deductions from the list, and select Go.

* The pension deduction for income transferred from the pensioner to the recipient is a deduction but it's on line 210 of your bottomline tax summary.

If you require further assistance, please contact our phone support team. Here's how:

https://turbotax.community.intuit.ca/replies/3152013