Open TurboTax

Why sign in to the Community?

• Submit a question
  • Check your notifications
or and start working on your taxes
Close icon
Do you have a TurboTax Online account?

We'll help you get started or pick up where you left off.

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Under the home buyers plan worksheet (2017), minimum required repayment (line 23) should be getting its feed from line 10. But its not. It is getting its feed from 9.

2 Replies

Under the home buyers plan worksheet (2017), minimum required repayment (line 23) should be getting its feed from line 10. But its not. It is getting its feed from 9.

In most cases, the line feeds from line 10. The only time the line 9 figure would be used would be for an exception such as the death of the HBP participant, the HBP participant turned 71, or became a non-resident. Learn more here: https://www.canada.ca/en/revenue-agency/services/tax/individuals/topics/rrsps-related-plans/what-hom...

I had tested the "Non Resident" and then tried to revert it but even though I did, the feed from Line 9 wasn't getting corrected. So I had to abandon the tool last year and do it manually. :(