Open TurboTax

Why sign in to the Community?

• Submit a question
  • Check your notifications
or and start working on your taxes
Close icon
Do you have a TurboTax Online account?

We'll help you get started or pick up where you left off.

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How are we support to report bug?

Is it just me or it doesn't seem to be ANY process to report a bug on TurboTax software?

There's no contact info at all on the web site, not chat, not email.

The support section directly send you to ask question to the community?

For a software that must be selling thousands of copies year over years, that is pretty lame.

How is the "community" can be of help with software bugs?

13 Replies

As moderators here with TurboTax Community, we can assist in ANY situation. Either through direct help or ensure the concerns/questions are directed to the proper team. 

Everyone here is committed to ensuring that we provide you with an effective and efficient service, but we can't catch everything; so we appreciate any inquiry concerns or bug reports brought to our attention.

We have taken note of your previous post and it has been escalated to the proper team; thank you again for letting us know and we will keep you posted on any progress the team is making in resolving this issue.  

Furthermore, If you wish to contact our team, please view the link below for assistance:

I want to talk to someone. How do I phone you?

Just give me a link to report bugs. My time is valuable. You are wasting it.

In order to help you with this situation, we believe your best option is to contact our telephone support team for further assistance, as they have the option to view your screen to help resolve the issue. To contact us please follow this link: Contact Us form. Once you go through the steps and complete the form, the phone number to speak to a TurboTax agent will appear on the page. If the agent cannot resolve your issue please make sure you tell them you want to escalate the issue to a higher level.

Thank you for your patience.

Bart321

Bug incurred on 2021-03-29

----------------------------------------

when importing T5008 data from cra to my online account, it seems that the exact same lines are not imported. 

For example if i sold 200 shares of BMO and that my broker did that in two executions of 100 shares each at the exact same price, then, turbotax will import only one value...

Seems to me like an IT guy used a PROC SORT 

Absolutely. I searched for a long time to find a way to post, and I don't want the communities 'suggestion', I wanted help, and to provide feedback. Both 'Help' in the application, and the website need a revamp.

Absolutely true, I cannot report a bug in the 2022 TurboTax; where it will not do the calculations or data entry for equipment additions under CCA.

That route is annoying, offering to email or text me information that does not address the issue.

Absolutely true, I cannot report a bug in the 2022 TurboTax; where it will not do the calculations or data entry for equipment additions under CCA.

Please note that our TurboTax 2022 is still being updated as the CRA is still getting everything completed for tax year 2022. 

You can contact our phone support team at 1-888-829-8608.

Please note that you will not be able to print or NetFile until CRA's opening date of February 21, 2023. 

Thank you for choosing TurboTax.