Open TurboTax

Why sign in to the Community?

• Submit a question
  • Check your notifications
or and start working on your taxes
Close icon
Do you have a TurboTax Online account?

We'll help you get started or pick up where you left off.

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Lived in ON moved to PEI Aug 1 .I do our tax's and our oldest child stayed in ON. can i still do all 3 tax's even though we live in different provinces with 1 program?

1 Best answer

Accepted Solutions

Lived in ON moved to PEI Aug 1 .I do our tax's and our oldest child stayed in ON. can i still do all 3 tax's even though we live in different provinces with 1 program?

Yes, you can file all three tax returns using the same TurboTax Online account regardless of which province you or your child resided in on December 31st. 

When preparing your own returns together, you should specify on the page "Where did you live at the end of the year?"  (Setting Up section) the province you lived in on December 31 and that you did move during the year. You will be prompted to enter dates of the move for both you and your spouse.

Your son will do the same on his own separate return. Remember if you have any credits or deductions to claim for your son to enter him in the Dependants Section of your return.

View solution in original post

1 Reply

Yes, you can file all three tax returns using the same TurboTax Online account regardless of which province you or your child resided in on December 31st. 

When preparing your own returns together, you should specify on the page "Where did you live at the end of the year?"  (Setting Up section) the province you lived in on December 31 and that you did move during the year. You will be prompted to enter dates of the move for both you and your spouse.

Your son will do the same on his own separate return. Remember if you have any credits or deductions to claim for your son to enter him in the Dependants Section of your return.