Open TurboTax

Why sign in to the Community?

• Submit a question
  • Check your notifications
or and start working on your taxes
Close icon
Do you have a TurboTax Online account?

We'll help you get started or pick up where you left off.

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Accidentally claimed an amount for BC training tax credit, how do I remove this amount?

I've unchecked the box, and started the return over, and it won't remove the amount. 

1 Best answer

Accepted Solutions

Accidentally claimed an amount for BC training tax credit, how do I remove this amount?

To remove your BC Training Tax Credit information you may have already entered in error, you will need to actually delete the information. Removing the checkmark will not remove the information.  You will need to return to the British Columbia Tax Credits page, check the B.C. training tax credit box again, and continue until you reach the page where you entered your information. 

When you are in your return > click in the blue bar where you see FIND > click on it, then you will see a pop up. Type in Provincial Tax and Provincial Tax Credit Summary will appear > click on it then click on GO. 

View solution in original post

1 Reply

To remove your BC Training Tax Credit information you may have already entered in error, you will need to actually delete the information. Removing the checkmark will not remove the information.  You will need to return to the British Columbia Tax Credits page, check the B.C. training tax credit box again, and continue until you reach the page where you entered your information. 

When you are in your return > click in the blue bar where you see FIND > click on it, then you will see a pop up. Type in Provincial Tax and Provincial Tax Credit Summary will appear > click on it then click on GO.