Open TurboTax

Why sign in to the Community?

• Submit a question
  • Check your notifications
or and start working on your taxes
Close icon
Do you have a TurboTax Online account?

We'll help you get started or pick up where you left off.

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

When filling out my tax return on TurboTax, I get to the section where I have to enter my T4 information. How do I use the Auto-fill feature? I can't find it anywhere.

1 Best answer

Accepted Solutions

When filling out my tax return on TurboTax, I get to the section where I have to enter my T4 information. How do I use the Auto-fill feature? I can't find it anywhere.

You can not currently use the Auto-Fill feature as it is not available with CRA until February 18th, 2019 when they reopen for NetFiling. 

TurboTax will automatically prompt you to import your slips and info from CRA’s Auto-Fill My Return when you reach the applicable spot in your return preparation.

Or you can jump to Auto-Fill My Return:

1. In the menu on the side of your screen*, select Income and then choose Import Hub.
  2. Check the box, select Continue and follow the steps to download your slips and other info.

* If you don’t see the menu on the side of your screen, you may not have completed the Setting Up section on your return. Continue through the Setting Up section until the menu appears.

View solution in original post

3 Replies

why cant I file

You can not currently use the Auto-Fill feature as it is not available with CRA until February 18th, 2019 when they reopen for NetFiling. 

TurboTax will automatically prompt you to import your slips and info from CRA’s Auto-Fill My Return when you reach the applicable spot in your return preparation.

Or you can jump to Auto-Fill My Return:

1. In the menu on the side of your screen*, select Income and then choose Import Hub.
  2. Check the box, select Continue and follow the steps to download your slips and other info.

* If you don’t see the menu on the side of your screen, you may not have completed the Setting Up section on your return. Continue through the Setting Up section until the menu appears.

Thank you very much 🙂