TurboTax for new immigrant
We (myself, my wife and 6 yrs. old son) are new immigrants (PR) to Canda.
We landing at Canada in 2018 and now we are preparing our first tax filing in Canada.
1. Should 1st file taxing filing been done by CPA, or we can still use the TurboTax tools? We've got SIN numbers for everyone in the family, however, looks like we don't have the account for MyCRA (and can't register the CRA account by SIN numbers).
2. If we are OK to use TurboxTax, would you recommend a package for download version? We need to do the following:
- File tax for self-employment(for me) and T4 (for my wife) in Canada
- File salary and investment income from overseas
- We have DTC and medical spending
Thanks for the help!