Open TurboTax

Why sign in to the Community?

• Submit a question
  • Check your notifications
or and start working on your taxes
Close icon
Do you have a TurboTax Online account?

We'll help you get started or pick up where you left off.

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cwintrip

I have TurboTax Premier 2018 and CRA auto-fill wasn't available when I started my return. I don't see an option in the menu's, how do I run it when auto-fill is available

1 Best answer

Accepted Solutions

I have TurboTax Premier 2018 and CRA auto-fill wasn't available when I started my return. I don't see an option in the menu's, how do I run it when auto-fill is available

You'll need to get an updated version.

(if you used the online software, you woud get AFR when it becomes available, automatically)'

As for using AFR itself, no point jumping the gun, as you can only download slips that CRA has posted. It may be some time before all your slips are available. As always with AFR, the onus is on you to check accuracy and completeness of all downloaded information. AFR is not about speed, its an attempt to improve reporting accuracy.

View solution in original post

2 Replies

You'll need to get an updated version.

(if you used the online software, you woud get AFR when it becomes available, automatically)'

As for using AFR itself, no point jumping the gun, as you can only download slips that CRA has posted. It may be some time before all your slips are available. As always with AFR, the onus is on you to check accuracy and completeness of all downloaded information. AFR is not about speed, its an attempt to improve reporting accuracy.

CRA's auto fill is not available yet. I believe it will be available by Feb 18th.  When it becomes available, it is usually in the "Income" section using 'easy steps".