Open TurboTax

Why sign in to the Community?

• Submit a question
  • Check your notifications
or and start working on your taxes
Close icon
Do you have a TurboTax Online account?

We'll help you get started or pick up where you left off.

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
steevevo

When setting who the return is for,I checked the Myself box instead of My spouse/partner and me box. It won't let me go back and change it...should I restart the process?

1 Best answer

Accepted Solutions

When setting who the return is for,I checked the Myself box instead of My spouse/partner and me box. It won't let me go back and change it...should I restart the process?

Yes. If you have started preparing your returns separately, there is no way to undo it. You can either create a new, separate return for your spouse, or create a new joint return for the two of you.

You can create a new by clicking “Start A New Return” under the “My Account & Returns” menu on the top left. Later, you can go back to “My Account & Returns” and click “View all tax returns” to find your unwanted return. Click the small Trash Can beside the return to delete it.

View solution in original post

1 Reply

Yes. If you have started preparing your returns separately, there is no way to undo it. You can either create a new, separate return for your spouse, or create a new joint return for the two of you.

You can create a new by clicking “Start A New Return” under the “My Account & Returns” menu on the top left. Later, you can go back to “My Account & Returns” and click “View all tax returns” to find your unwanted return. Click the small Trash Can beside the return to delete it.