Open TurboTax

Why sign in to the Community?

• Submit a question
  • Check your notifications
or and start working on your taxes
Close icon
Do you have a TurboTax Online account?

We'll help you get started or pick up where you left off.

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
daverdee

Where do I input amount owed from a reassessment in Turbotax for this year's tax refund? e.g. I have a $700 debit in MyCRA but my refund this year is $1200

1 Best answer

Accepted Solutions

Where do I input amount owed from a reassessment in Turbotax for this year's tax refund? e.g. I have a $700 debit in MyCRA but my refund this year is $1200

If you owe money to CRA you do not need to enter that into this year’s tax return.  CRA will automatically deduct it from your refund.  This will show up on your Notice of Assessment.

View solution in original post

2 Replies

If you owe money to CRA you do not need to enter that into this year’s tax return.  CRA will automatically deduct it from your refund.  This will show up on your Notice of Assessment.

daverdee

Excellent - this is exactly the answer I was looking for, I will file regularly then and let the assessment run it's course. Thank you!