Open TurboTax

Why sign in to the Community?

• Submit a question
  • Check your notifications
or and start working on your taxes
Close icon
Do you have a TurboTax Online account?

We'll help you get started or pick up where you left off.

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Each year there is some bug in the Standard version, but 2018 is worse than usual. Is there no way to help TurboTax fix the errors in their forms? I've tried. No luck.

In the Quebec Statement of Farming Activities:

• Optional Inventory Adjustment is not carried forward from the previous year.  If you don't enter it manually, you're out of luck.  A potential loss of $20000 refund for me.
  • Restricted Farm Losses are not calculated automatically.  A potential loss of $5000 for future years
  • Net Loss is not transferred correctly to TP-1.
  • Optional Inventory Adjustment is not calculated based on the corresponding federal amounts.  But neither is it clear whether I am allowed to enter a different amount for Quebec.  Please be clear.  People use a tax program to simplify their life, not to make it more complicated.
I'm a farmer in Quebec, so those are the details I catch.  One year I spent hours on the phone trying to talk to someone at TurboTax who could understand a different error concerning donations.  I finally found someone high enough up the ladder who acknowledged the problem, but instead of fixing it, he offered me a free program for the following year.  I wonder if he would have preferred that I file the taxes and ask for the full $25000 that I could have lost?

I even tried the Home and Business version one year, but that was even worse.  I have learned to just do overrides where needed.  Much simpler.
1 Reply

Each year there is some bug in the Standard version, but 2018 is worse than usual. Is there no way to help TurboTax fix the errors in their forms? I've tried. No luck.

Hi

I also tried without success. I eventually purchased a competitor product, which was not nearly as user friendly as turbotax, however I was able to netfile and will get my refund on February 28.