Open TurboTax

Why sign in to the Community?

• Submit a question
  • Check your notifications
or and start working on your taxes
Close icon
Do you have a TurboTax Online account?

We'll help you get started or pick up where you left off.

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
JSS2000

How can I print a pdf copy of draft T1 while CRA finalizes its forms?. Need pdf draft for discussion with accountant (recognizing that this cannot be submitted to CRA).

TurboTax Case xxxxxxxxx

I am using the downloadable version of TurboTax 2018 Premiere and have drafted my T1.  I understand that the CRA has yet to finalize the submission forms and has restricted the ability to file the returns until those forms are finalized.  In talking to the TurboTax support desk agent, I was informed that since the T1 forms have not been finalized the CRA has restricted the ability of TurboTax to even create pdf copies of the return for personal use.

I need a copy of the draft T1 I have created for discussion with my accountant.  I recognize that this cannot be submitted to the CRA.  However, I would like to create a pdf so that my accountant may review whatever I have completed so far.

Kindly inform me:

1.       How I may print or create a pdf copy of the partially completed return, while recognizing that it cannot be submitted to the CRA.

2.       If, as I have been informed by your support agent, that the CRA has restricted Intuit’s ability to print a pdf for personal use – which I find difficult to understand – then I am formally requesting that Intuit provide a feature in TurboTax where users may print partially completed copies of their return, even when the CRA forms are still to be finalized.  One possible solution may be to print a prominent line across each page and include a water mark to indicate that the form cannot be submitted and is for the user’s personal use only.  Intuit experts may have other ideas to make this useful feature available to users.

Thank you.

4 Replies

How can I print a pdf copy of draft T1 while CRA finalizes its forms?. Need pdf draft for discussion with accountant (recognizing that this cannot be submitted to CRA).

Please go to the "Forms" method.

Click on "FILE" at the very top. Then "Print".

You can choose "Print form" which will only print out the form you are on or "Print return". 

Let me know if this works by posting here. 

JSS2000

Unfortunately, this solution does not work.  Still get the same error message: "At the time of manufacturing this product, the government had not finalized all of its forms. .......  ".
As per my email above, I am having difficulty understanding how the CRA could/would restrict TurboTax's ability to print draft returns.  If this is really the case, then TurboTax needs to provide a workaround for this issue. Thanks

Can  you print a single form?

Can you please contact support: https://support.turbotax.intuit.ca/contact/