Open TurboTax

Why sign in to the Community?

• Submit a question
  • Check your notifications
or and start working on your taxes
Close icon
Do you have a TurboTax Online account?

We'll help you get started or pick up where you left off.

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Are partial daycare subsidy payments received considered as an income or social assistance?

1 Best answer

Accepted Solutions

Are partial daycare subsidy payments received considered as an income or social assistance?

The amount of Government Subsidy received for your child's daycare will not go on your tax return at all. The receipt you receive from your Daycare Provider may or may not show both portions paid, (what you have paid and what the Govt has paid), and you will be able to claim your portion as Childcare Fees paid. 

The Daycare Provider will claim the entire amount received as income on his/her tax return. 

View solution in original post

3 Replies

Are you receiving the payments for providing care for someone else's child/children? Or is these payments you receive for your own children?

This is for my child. I am paying part of the daycare fee and a the rest is paid as subsidy by the government. My question is how do I declare this amount? Do I have to declare this?

The amount of Government Subsidy received for your child's daycare will not go on your tax return at all. The receipt you receive from your Daycare Provider may or may not show both portions paid, (what you have paid and what the Govt has paid), and you will be able to claim your portion as Childcare Fees paid. 

The Daycare Provider will claim the entire amount received as income on his/her tax return.