Open TurboTax

Why sign in to the Community?

• Submit a question
  • Check your notifications
or and start working on your taxes
Close icon
Do you have a TurboTax Online account?

We'll help you get started or pick up where you left off.

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Does my refund go into my bank account within 8 business days guaranteed? My direct deposit is active for years for all money deposits..

some say up to four weeks, some say up to 10 days, some says 8 days.. for those of us who have direct deposit, which is right? Can i expect my refund deposited into my account within 8 days from Netfileing and recieveing confirmation or is it longer? Thank you in advance for the correct answer. I just want to know so i dont go over budget thinking ill get my refund sooner than im expecting it.

1 Best answer

Accepted Solutions

Does my refund go into my bank account within 8 business days guaranteed? My direct deposit is active for years for all money deposits..

As per CRA- if you have direct deposit you can get your refund as early as 8 business days.

View solution in original post

5 Replies

As per CRA- if you have direct deposit you can get your refund as early as 8 business days.

Thank you! I finished my taxes days before the 18th and went over it 3 times to ensure it was perfect, no errors.. i did have errors the first time, simple things turbotax caught and i fixed but, the three times i went back over it, it was again, perfect. Turbotax truely does, including the free version, ensure there are absolutely no errors/issues so next year, im going with the paid version. Two years of perfection with your software and perfect answers to questions in english terms not tax terms!( meaning it was not explained the way some experts explain tax questions in terms no one without an accounting degree, its in plain, simple english!) Thank you for being so awesome and for answering my questions so i better understand the tax world!

Thank you for your feedback we appreciate it!
keisko771

I want to know when I will receive my tax refund into my account please.

TurboTaxHeba
Intuit Alumni

Once the Return has been Netfiled, TurboTax will have no control over the CRA process time. 

Netfile process should take up to two weeks.

The Maling process should take a minimum of four weeks' time.

The earlier you file in the season, the faster the process is. Unfortunately, due to the recent pandemic, there is no update on how long the processing time might take. 

This CRA link helps with estimating processing time for different returns and claims:

https://www.canada.ca/en/revenue-agency/corporate/contact-information/check-cra-processing-times.htm...

I hope this was helpful