Open TurboTax

Why sign in to the Community?

• Submit a question
  • Check your notifications
or and start working on your taxes
Close icon
Do you have a TurboTax Online account?

We'll help you get started or pick up where you left off.

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
sandygm3

Do you have to pay the amount listed under the provincial tax & credit summary to your province OR is this just showing how much of your taxes went to the province?

Under the Provincial section, when you get to the page that shows your province tax and credit summary, it has been filled in by Turbo tax, it shows Total Provincial tax payable....Do I owe that amount noted to the province I live in OR is that just showing me that is how much of my taxes went to the province?

1 Best answer

Accepted Solutions

Do you have to pay the amount listed under the provincial tax & credit summary to your province OR is this just showing how much of your taxes went to the province?

Unless you are in QC, this amount is already taken into consideration as the federal government will apply that amount to your provincial taxes. 

View solution in original post

1 Reply

Unless you are in QC, this amount is already taken into consideration as the federal government will apply that amount to your provincial taxes.