Open TurboTax

Why sign in to the Community?

• Submit a question
  • Check your notifications
or and start working on your taxes
Close icon
Do you have a TurboTax Online account?

We'll help you get started or pick up where you left off.

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

I withdrew a LIRA do to finan. hardship in 2018 Amount was approx. $7000. The bank withheld taxes.Which line do I report on and how note it was for financial Hardship?

1 Best answer

Accepted Solutions

I withdrew a LIRA do to finan. hardship in 2018 Amount was approx. $7000. The bank withheld taxes.Which line do I report on and how note it was for financial Hardship?

You should receive a T4RSP from your bank for the amount withdrawn and taxes withheld.  This will be recorded under the Income tab and under the T4RSP reporting screen.  Both the taxable amount and the income tax withheld will be reported on this slip.  The situation of financial hardship is what allowed you to take the money out however this is not required to be reported this your income tax.

View solution in original post

1 Reply

You should receive a T4RSP from your bank for the amount withdrawn and taxes withheld.  This will be recorded under the Income tab and under the T4RSP reporting screen.  Both the taxable amount and the income tax withheld will be reported on this slip.  The situation of financial hardship is what allowed you to take the money out however this is not required to be reported this your income tax.