Open TurboTax

Why sign in to the Community?

• Submit a question
  • Check your notifications
or and start working on your taxes
Close icon
Do you have a TurboTax Online account?

We'll help you get started or pick up where you left off.

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
nor47

"Confirm lived alone all year or marital status is not compatible with your answer …". In Profile filled in common-law for whole year together. How to correct this error?

I have an error stating "you need to confirm if you lived alone in a dwelling throughout the year or your marital status is not compatible with your answer …

If I click FIX, TurboTax returns me to the Quebec Solidarity Tax Credit, for which neither I nor my spouse are eligible. We have already filled in living common-law for the whole year together in the Personal Profile interview. We both get the same error.

3 Replies
gtoso

"Confirm lived alone all year or marital status is not compatible with your answer …". In Profile filled in common-law for whole year together. How to correct this error?

...same problem. Something is broken in the code...

I can't file because of it.. is that normal

There is a separate question in the Provincial section for the solidarity credit where you must confirm that you live alone or not, this section (Appendix D) must be completed for you and your spouse (if you have one) even if you know that you are not eligible for the credit.  

To access it in TurboTax CD/Download in Forms mode:

• use the key combination  Ctrl + F  -> type  Annex D  -> click  OK
  • tick Yes or No in Section A and enter your Statement 31 or the registration number of your municipal tax account and fill in the B section . also if you have a spouse

To access it in TurboTax CD/Download in EasyStep mode: 

• Click Quebec under Provincial in the left side menu  -> click Continue until you get to the Solidarity tax credit page. Answer all the questions for the Solidarity Credit -> Make sure you click Continue at the bottom of the page to save your answers. 

To access it in TurboTax Online:

• Click Solidarity Tax Credit under Provincial in the left side menu  -> Answer all the questions for the Solidarity Credit -> Make sure you click Continue at the bottom of the page to save your answers.