Open TurboTax

Why sign in to the Community?

• Submit a question
  • Check your notifications
or and start working on your taxes
Close icon
Do you have a TurboTax Online account?

We'll help you get started or pick up where you left off.

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

After entering T5008 info, the data has not been posted to schedule 3 and supp, why? Should I manually re-enter them to schedules to calculate capital gain/loss?

It didn't calculate the gain and loss on my Turbo Tax 2018.  It worked on Turbo Tax 2017.  Why?

1 Best answer

Accepted Solutions

After entering T5008 info, the data has not been posted to schedule 3 and supp, why? Should I manually re-enter them to schedules to calculate capital gain/loss?

• Please make sure you have entered the type of income if it's a capital gain or an investment income.
  • Then, ensure that you have not only entered the face value (box 29) but the book (box 20) value as well, apply your date (box 14), your percentage, and quantity(box 16) of security also (If any). 

Once these entries have been applied they automatically transfer over to the Schedule 3 Supp form.

View solution in original post

4 Replies

• Please make sure you have entered the type of income if it's a capital gain or an investment income.
  • Then, ensure that you have not only entered the face value (box 29) but the book (box 20) value as well, apply your date (box 14), your percentage, and quantity(box 16) of security also (If any). 

Once these entries have been applied they automatically transfer over to the Schedule 3 Supp form.

cshale

It does not work.  After entering all that extra information in the T5008 it does not transfer.  I guess this means I have to delete it all and re-add it all manually.

It has happened to me also.  I completed all 35 lines that were allowed, but my Schedule 3 - Supplementary Statement is BLANK !    PLEASE HELP !

@cshale @hyperion13 - Please contact our support team, as they will be able to view your screen, if the agent is unable to resolve your issue, please request to have your situation "escalated" to a higher level. Answer the questions, so it guides you towards the right team.  Apply the drop downs and you will get a phone number specified to your question (ie - support, care):
I want to talk to someone. How do I phone you? - https://turbotax.community.intuit.ca/replies/3152013